Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chalk Paint - going industrial

I have been waiting to share this for a while, I am so excited about our new lamp. A local artisan made this lamp out of pistons from an old John Deere. I just love the industrial look of it!
He is quite a talented artist and I am so honored to feature his work in our shop.
He asked me to finish the base, I chose Graphite with a wash of Paris Grey over the top.
Topped off with a mica lamp shade.
It is such a unique lamp! He made it just playing around one day when I spied it. He wasn't sure anyone would be interested in it, but I talked him into letting me bring it into our store and see what happens.

What do you think?

Personally, I can't wait to see what he creates next...

3 comments:

  1. I think this is very neat! And unique. Love the graphite color with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby works for Caterpillar and they have some really talented people that make some of the coolest things with cat parts....love your lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...unique. The Graphite with the Paris Gray over it is a great industrial finish.Been thinking of trying that on some straight legged tables - for an industrial look.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete