Monday, May 7, 2012

Chalk Paint Color Theory - Antibes Green


1. The neo-classical palaces, such as the Chateau de Fontainebleau in France and in Schloss Charlottenburg in Potsdam.  This style of decorating take the classical themes from ancient Greece and Rome.  
It is simple and symmetrical.

2. From the villages around Provence where countless artists have been inspired by the colours of painted furniture, shutters, and doors.  Favored by so many famous artists in the late 19th and early 20th century such as Picasso, Matisse, Renoir, Bonnard, Derain and many other who lived and worked there.
Named after a town between Nice and Cannes in the French Riviera.
Again, a tricky one for Americans to pronounce.  HERE is how the French pronounce it.

Reduced down with Old White

6 comments:

  1. I love all of the colors of green that can be created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ASCP, but this color is hideous, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a happy color. I will paint the interior of my daughter's armoire, I think.
    I have been away a while. It's nice to "see" you again!

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the few colors I haven't tried yet but I definitely want to now. I love all of these pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for including my coffee table!! I didn't know it was featured until a friend pinned and tagged on interest :)I thanks a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to find my work here! Gorgeous blog! And yes, antibes is an amazing color. I am going to be using it again in the coming week on an old farmhouse table that needs some love. Wonderful with a dark wax as well. Thank you for the wonderful mixing sample.

    ReplyDelete